As battery technology advances, range increases, and charging becomes more convenient, more drivers than ever are taking advantage of the unique benefits that come with owning and driving an electric vehicle (EV). As the manufacturer of the world’s first mass-market EV, Nissan is at the forefront of the electric-driving revolution. As your local Nissan dealer, Bergstrom Nissan of Appleton is your partner on your EV journey – from sales and service to the many benefits and perks that come with making the switch to 100% electric driving.*
Compared to gas-powered vehicles, EVs come with many real-world benefits. Here are six:
EVs are energy efficient
Electric motors are more efficient than internal combustion engines and traditional drivetrains at converting stored energy into movement. And many EVs also provide unique energy-efficient features like regenerative braking that convert the kinetic energy lost while decelerating into stored energy within the vehicle's battery.
EVs require less standard maintenance
Compared to internal combustion engines, all-electric motors feature fewer moving parts —which can mean less maintenance and lower routine maintenance costs. And since they don’t require starters, fuel pumps, and exhaust systems, drivers don’t have to worry about these components wearing out over time. Additionally, EV owners avoid the costs that come with oil changes, filter changes, and other combustion-engine related maintenance.
EVs operate more quietly
Internal combustion engines can be loud and require an entire exhaust system to reduce the noise they produce. All-electric motors on the other hand produce very little sound while operating. This allows an EV driver to enjoy a quiet ride while reducing noise pollution.
EVs are eligible for potential tax credits
Owning an EV comes with many financial perks, but one of the biggest is the ability to qualify for potential tax credits, rebates, and discounts. Depending on where you live and your personal tax situation, you could be eligible for potential tax credits and incentives from the federal government, your state, and even your utility company. Please consult with your tax advisor about potential state and/or federal tax credit eligibility.1
EVs may be allowed in HOV lanes and designated parking spots
"Depending on which city you live in, driving an EV could qualify you for an all-access pass to high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes regardless of your vehicle size or the number of passengers.2
In some locations, EVs can also provide you access to designated parking options. Where available, these green-painted or “EV-charging only” parking spots can be found in convenient locations and are reserved exclusively for EVs. Parking fees have even been waived in certain areas for hybrid or all-electric vehicles.3 "
Complimentary EV Charging
Qualifying customers can get one year of unlimited EVgo charging with the purchase or lease of a new 2023 Nissan ARIYA. TIMELY ENROLLMENT AND OTHER RESTRICTIONS APPLY.4 Qualifying new LEAF buyers and lessees are eligible for $100 charging credits to use at EVgo or EVgo's roaming partner chargers. Restrictions apply.4
Discover the benefits you might qualify for With an array of available EV incentives, there’s never been a better time to think about going electric. For a look at what that could mean to you, contact Bergstrom Nissan of Appleton for a consultation, or visit the Nissan ARIYA and Nissan LEAF incentive calculators for a preview of what you might qualify for.1
2023 Nissan ARIYA It features breathtaking performance, the versatility of an SUV and the breakthrough technology of available e-4ORCE all-wheel-drive.5 It’s the all-new, all-electric 2023 Nissan ARIYA.
2023 Nissan LEAF With a whole new look, a proven track record, and some of our most advanced driver assistance and safety features, the refreshed 2023 Nissan LEAF is driving proof – now is the time to go all electric.
Experience the EV benefits for yourself Call Bergstrom Nissan of Appleton at (920) 471-0903 to schedule a test-drive in a Nissan electric vehicle.
* This content shared through the Nissan Website Provider Program [Nissan] to our preferred provider partners [Provider] and their dealers [Dealer] is provided for recommended, but optional, use on Provider and Dealer marketing properties, by their will and choice. Dealer and Provider are responsible for all use and representation of the content in these documents on Provider or Dealer website properties, per the terms defined in applicable and existing agreements pertaining to responsibilities of such, set forth in applicable contracts between those parties, including any governing agreements entered into with Nissan by and with either party. The Provider and Dealer assume responsibility of all content claims, demands, representations and statements within this content if used. Both parties shall fully defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Nissan from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, damages, losses, and expenses (including attorney’s fees) of whatsoever nature, character or description arising out of or related errors, omissions, inconsistencies, inaccuracies, deficiencies or other defects in the documents furnished by Nissan. Regardless of whether such errors, omissions, inconsistencies, inaccuracies, deficiencies, updates or other defects where also included in the documents.
1. "The incentives referenced are for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute tax or egal advice. All persons considering use of available incentives and additional perks should consult with their own tax or legal professional to determine eligibility, specific amount of incentives available, if any, and further details. The incentives and perks are not within Nissan’s control and are subject to change without notice. Interested parties should confirm the accuracy of the information before relying on it to make a purchase, Residency restrictions may apply.
2. "HOV/Carpool access varies by state. Please consult state laws for eligibility.
3. Parking options or discounts are provided by independent companies and not within Nissan’s control. Availability of EV parking or discounts is not guaranteed and restrictions may apply.
4. Customer must enroll their ARIYA VIN in customer’s active EVgo account no later than 90 days from the date of purchase or lease of a new 2023 ARIYA from a participating Nissan dealer (“Enrolled ARIYA”). Fleet customers not eligible.EVgo Unlimited Chargingonly applies to Enrolled ARIYA charging sessions at an EVgo owned-and-operated public charging station when paid using the EVgo app or EVgo ProgramCard under customer’s Valid EVgo Accountduring the first year of customer’s ARIYA ownership or lease. EVgo Unlimited Chargingnot valid toward idle fees, reservation fees, or charging sessions at any EVgo eXtend charger or EVgo roaming partner charger.EVgo’snetwork is owned and managed by EVgo, use of an EVgo account and its charging stations are subject to EVgo’s Terms and Conditions, and arenot within Nissan’s control. Availability of charging stations not guaranteed. This offer is not compatible with other offers, is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. Offer is subject to change at any time and/or is subject to termination without notice.Other restrictions apply.Visit nissanenergyperks.comfor full program details.
5. e-4ORCE cannot prevent collisions or provide enhanced traction in all conditions. Always monitor traffic and weather conditions.
6. Material in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and was accurate as of the date of first publication. Information is subject to change and does not constitute an offer, representation or warranty (express or implied) by Nissan North America, Inc. ("Company"). Interested parties should confirm the accuracy of any information in this website as it relates to a vehicle directly with Company before relying on it to make a purchase decision. Unless expressly referenced, Company does not endorse and is not affiliated with any company that might be mentioned in this article. Company is not responsible or liable for the availability of links to websites or resources, or for any content, advertising, products, services, privacy policies, or other materials on or available through these websites or resources, or for your reliance thereon. Any references to data or products are subject to change without notice. Trademarks are property of their respective owners.
7. The incentives referenced are for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute tax or legal advice. All persons considering use of available incentives and additional perks should consult with their own tax or legal professional to determine eligibility, specific amount of incentives available, if any, and further details. The incentives and perks are not within Nissan’s control and are subject to change without notice. Interested parties should confirm the accuracy of the information before relying on it to make a purchase, Residency restrictions may apply.
8. HOV/Carpool access varies by state. Please consult state laws for eligibility.
9. Parking options or discounts are provided by independent companies and not within Nissan’s control. Availability of EV parking or discounts is not guaranteed and restrictions may apply.
10. $100 EVgo charging credit offer only redeemable by non-fleet customers who (i) purchase or lease a new 2023 LEAF from a participating Nissan dealer, and (ii) have an active customer account with the EVgo network within the first year from date of 2023 LEAF purchase or lease. Must use credit within the first year from date of 2023 LEAF purchase or lease. Offer cannot be combined with other offers,is non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash. Offer is subject to change or termination at any time without notice. Other terms, conditions, and eligibility criteria apply. Visit nissanenergyperks.com for full program details. The EVgo network is owned and managed by EVgo, and is not within Nissan’s control. Availability of charging stations not guaranteed.
11. e-4ORCE cannot prevent collisions or provide enhanced traction in all conditions. Always monitor traffic and weather conditions.
12. General: 240-V home charging dock sold separately. Not a Nissan product. Some chargers may not be compatible with your ARIYA or LEAF. Contact charger manufacturer before purchase for information on compatibility and warranty. Nissan does not warrant and is not responsible for loss, including consequential, incidental, or other damages caused by charger defects, charger incompatibility, or installation services.